This document describes the way Janet Brandling (data controller) of Hut Therapy processes (collects, stores, shares & disposes of) personal data which you (the client/ supervisee) provide as a part of the working relationship. You are kindly requested to read this and decide if you are happy to share this information. You should sign the document on commencement of the work to indicate your informed consent.
Types of personal data:
3. Telephone number
4. Email address
5. Date of Birth
6. Emergency contact details
7. Assessment notes- your history
8. Session notes- my brief notes about our work
9. Audio-recordings (optional and where separate consent is provided)
10. Consent documents- privacy agreement, therapy/ supervision agreement, audio-recording
Reasons for keeping personal data:
I keep personal data so:
1. I can be in contact with you during our relationship, to make or change appointments;
2. If circumstances mean we must stop out work together. For instance, where unlawful activity such as terrorism and money laundering is suspected. This is a legal obligation;
3. As an obligation to my insurance company;
4. If I believe there is risk to you or another person(s).
Storing and disposing of personal data:
1. I store your name, email address and telephone number electronically and sometimes in hard copy. I am obliged to keep these as an archive for seven years after we complete our work for insurance purposes.
2. I will not contact you after our work ceases. Should you wish to work together again please get in touch with me.
3. I also keep brief notes of attendance and topic of discussions.
4. Your name will be used to identify your consent documents, assessment and session attendance notes.
5. Consent documents, assessment and session notes are kept for a period of 7 years for the purposes of legal action & defence. This is a requirement of my insurance company (Balens Insurance).
6. All paper personal data is kept in paper format in a locked filing box.
1. Your contact information such as name, telephone number and email address are provided to me by you through the following means:
a. Sent via the contact form on my own website, or Facebook page.
b. Via the advertising mediums or lead finding agency I use.
c. Other referring organisations or individuals.
d. Given by you directly during conversation/ assessment.
2. As described above these contact details are kept for the duration of our therapy relationship and for 7 years afterwards.
3. As detailed in our therapy contract your personal data will not be shared unless you have discussed and agreed to this. Exceptions are unlawful activity.
4. I will not share your personal data with a third party for reasons other than referral or risks identified.
Your rights to see your personal data
1. You have the right to request to see personal data held by me, Janet Brandling
2. Please make the request in writing at email@example.com
3. This personal data will be shared within 1 month of your request
4. This is free of charge
5. You can ask that any incorrect or irrelevant information is deleted
6. Breaches are reported to the Information Commissioner’s Office
7. The GDPR regulations can be viewed at the ICO- Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk
8. You also have the right to be forgotten and this is why I delete your contact details once our working relationship and insurance term has expired.